Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Ebb & flow of creativity

Today I am inspired by the ocean. It is early March and Spring feels like a breath away, at least that is what the calendar says. Yet on a dreary Sunday after a late night bonfire and yurt party I feel like the Winter energy still penetrates this moment. So I spent hours looking at surf blogs and dreaming of other lives that I could live. I pull out the art supplies and have visions of water, jumping in it, it moving, ebbing and flowing. This happen at least 3 times of year. The effervescent cycle of desire for adventure, sun on my skin and the salt water fixing everything. The attraction to the un attainable, at least in the present moment. I think everyone is an artist, it is such a versatile word. I despise when the word artist is used in a pompous way (maybe this is my projection on to them but.....). Lets all say we are artists. Lets get weird and express and make avenues to better indulge in the creations inside of us. There are bubbles of all sorts that rise in us and there needs to be a place to let them float out so that we can inspire each other. This is one of those times where I take a step back and see my cluster of ideas and intend for them to find a direction. How can we inspire one another? I am really obsessed with personal expression and how to better facilitate a place and space (metaphorically and physically for this). I have been stoked on women starting non profits that integrate surfing with global initiatives in empowering small poor communities. I am inspired by ocean photography and bold moves to make the simple landscape into a more artistic and individually perceived form. I am inspired by art, surfing, activism and bold blue expressions. So I do not live by an ocean. I do live deep in the Rockies on the north facing side of mountain. We have blue skies, some interesting people and lots of events that give us visions of other lives. "There must be a project which one can accomplish wherever one is", that's what I say. There is a need to take inspiration, or at times envy, and turn it into something more tangible to our circumstances. So, lets focus: - Women's Performance Troupe- Summer street performance extravaganza - Spring Film projects. Still looking for an overall theme, but between the people in Ecuador and the caribbean backdrop I have a feeling we could put something together full of magic. Music video could also take this to another level. - Photo project with spinner camera depicting our 360 images of our generation, the reality of what it means to be american, privilaged in the eyes of the world, but struggling to find our place and mission in the mess of uncertainty. Art. Let it feed me, let it feed you, let it ebb and flow between us so that there is inspiration & re purpose within the daily routines.

No comments: