Monday, January 25, 2010

"Being alone..... there is a certain dignity to it"

-----Brigitte Fonda, Singles (total 90's awesome movie)

This line sticks with me on those random happy nights where you wander out alone with no plan and just run into the thick of it all. The real thing, the sauce of the whole program, life in movement and you fitting like a glove into every one of its creases.
Adventures swell and the night flows with me happily goofing with new acquaintances and making it happen with existing partners in crime. I just go. I surrender and feel like I am traveling again, only because where I live is full of so many interesting characters ready to open their books to you.
I really enjoy the freedom to feel at ease in the midst of darkness, to make unassuming bonds with strangers or the ones you just never get time to know well enough. I enjoy random occurances and mine and other peoples abilities to dive into them. I have a person to experience these things with any time I need him. it is a wonderful thing to have someone with you whom it is so incrediblly easy to be with that it just all melts into a glass and you want to drink it everyday for breakfast. I am lucky enough to have that person always near, in some way or another, if I need that full on comprehension of every situation, relation of spirit, and most of all if I just need laughter. There is no one I love more then that man. He is a wonder of my world.

Yet those solo events, excursions, journies bring me back to who I always have been in a way. That crazy solo adventurous. The one who likes to get lost, but internally whose map always reads the coordinates. The curious sided one that creates a learning experience upon every human interaction, and who can drive with the windows open while manually tuning in that perfect built to spill song playing on the radio. I know this will always exist, boyfriend or not....it is nice to recollect my reality and to just feel light and happy about the stability I have, but the freedom that will always live inside of me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you will always be the wonder of my world. love u babe.